Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy 2007!!!!

This year started off in a mellow way. I spent New Year's Eve at home and spent the next few days after that working.

But there is a certain excitement about this year. I don't know why, but I have this inkling that this year is going to be a good year for me. First of all 2007 is the year of the Boar a.k.a my year (pig pig pig!!!)... second of all it just feels so damn good for no apparent reason.

I made new year resolutions this year. I know how they say that don't ever make new year resolutions because you tend to break them. I didn't make one until last year. My last year resolution was to join the gym because I needed to get in shape. I did that for a good 6 or 7 months. and then... I quit... but hey.. at least I kept my new year resolution, right?

So I did some thinking in December on ways to improve my life... and how to be a happy person no matter what life throws at me. I know it's totally unrelated to what I had just mentioned but in the midst of all of that thinking, I found myself not liking chicken, beef or lamb...It just happened like that (snap fingers). I didn't plan it or anything nor did I have any reasons of doing so. So I have been semi vegetarian for a month now (I still eat seafood). I am not being hard on myself..if in the next few months or year I suddenly eat chicken wing it's ok.

I know I'm weird.

The second resolution this year is to be smart about money. I have been working since I was 16 but I had $0 bank saving. I believe that there's something wrong with the banking system because the money going in is less than the money going out. Or at least I tried to believe so. And I just realized that all of those clothes in the closet have been untouched since I bought them...or that I bought too many clothes that I just forgot I had them. So now I just shop less..or shop if I REALLY REALLY need something. I am no longer tempted by sale signs... oops... I still do but I just hate the guilty feelings afterward. I work almost everyday, and I finally understand the value of money and how important it is to have savings. I still have a long way to go but baby steps count!!!

The third resolution is to have inner peace. I am beginning to learn about myself... funny how all these years I felt so exhausted of unimportant things. I just realized that!!!! I learned to take time for myself at least once a week. When I am at work I take care of other people and my days at work are not exactly smooth either. I have to keep up with people's demands.... and that makes me super exhausted at the end of the day. When I am at home, there are certain things that drive me insane too although is nowhere like at work but still I have to deal with my bro's stupid jokes :P I now find myself alone (on purpose) from time to time just to clear my head and hear my own thoughts..also to remove myself from other things for a minute. I see the difference. I laugh more and I am no longer having bad moods.

I also learned to let go of things that weigh me down. I no longer hear negative words from people because those things just keep me away from focusing on my priorities.

I learned to take one thing at a time and to relax a little bit.....

So, cheers to 2007!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home